Wednesday 2 January 2013

Janathon - Day 2

Today heralded the return of the dreaded shin tenderness *sad face*

It's only painful if I push it - a small spot about midway down my right shin. I presume it's the start of shin splints (again...) so I definitely need to do two things:

1) Take it easy for a few days - should't be too difficult as I'd planned on a walk tonight anyway, and should be going to Body Combat tomorrow anyway.
2) Get fitted for a proper pair of trainers. I did have some, but chucked them a few months ago as they were both old and ugly, and I wasn't running enough to use them. I bought these Nikes, and, not to sugar-coat it,  they are pretty pants (although very light!). I'm not even sure what type of trainer I need, or what these Nikes are for (I presume 'normal' though?) I did have a gait analysis done for my old trainers (Asics, no idea what model) - but figure I need another one, your body changes an awful lot during/after pregnancy.....

So the plan for this weekend is to head to the nearest running shop. I bet it will be packed with New Year Resolutionists too *le sigh*. Still, gotta be done.

Also, to add to my Day 2 woes - I realised this morning that R (my other half) is going on holiday in a couple of weeks, so I won't be able to go out and exercise during the week, as they'll be no one to look after M. This means I'll be stuck doing exercise DVDs. Pah!

__________

I wrote the above as a draft at lunchtime. On my way home from work, I started getting 'twinges' in my left calf. 'Oh great' I thought, 'Now the other leg is getting shin splints'.

Upon arriving home, I duly rolled my trouser leg up to inspect the injured limbs. Turns out the tender spot on my right shin? It's just where I walked into the open dishwasher door the other day - got a huge bruise *red face*

Still, I'm taking it easy so went for a quick walk to the local Asda to get R some food for dinner. A nice easy 1.5 miles..... but I did take the hilly route!

Janathon Miles Ran: 2.51
Janathon Miles Walked: 1.88
Total Time Janathoning: 01:04:30
Calories Burnt Janathoning: 493


No comments:

Post a Comment