Tuesday 1 January 2013

Janathon Day 1 - Done!

Today was pretty busy, and I'm not gonna lie - I was a lil bit hungover..... I woke up at 8am (childfree) after a night of drinking a lot of colourfull cocktails, feeling a bit dehydrated and headachey, but not too bad. I thought about going out for a quick run, but to be honest - a sausage and egg sarnie sounded much more appealing......


So the only other time I had free was one I'd put M (my nearly-3-year-old) to bed - shortly after eating a large roast dinner at the In-Laws'. I headed out about 7:30, starting with a 5min walk.

I haven't run for about 8 weeks, and even then, I'd only run for a few weeks before getting shin pain (too much, too fast) and having to stop. And those few weeks were after a much longer break - about 4 months. I told you I was very stop-start! So I completed 2.5 miles in 26:50 - a very slow recovery run for some - but I achieved my fastest ever pace according to Runkeeper - 10:42 per mile - which is pretty amazing to a slowcoach like me.

I'll probably just go for a walk tomorrow as I'm anxious not to repeat past mistakes and do too much too soon, but I do find walking boring.....


Overall - a good solid start to Janathon. Here's to the next 30 days!

Janathon Miles Ran: 2.51
Janathon Miles Walked: 0.30
Total time Janathoning: 39:58
Calories burnt Janathoning: 343


No comments:

Post a Comment