Sunday 6 January 2013

Day 5 - recovery/walk/shopping day

I got new trainers!

Lets get the Janathon stuff out of the way first.... I've definitely felt the need to rest my shins, so a very slow walk around the zoo seemed a good way to kill two birds with one stone (not literally - I do not condone animal cruelty, plus - there are no exotic birds at the zoo....)

So I logged about 2.5 miles walking, but I'll only count half an hour for the time spent - I don't think I can count all of the standing around looking at tigers!

Then I went into Canterbury to go the The Running Outlet - a small running shop which does gait analysis. They were really busy (as expected, although most customers did seem to be runners already, not New Year Resolutionists) but the guys in there were really nice and helpful, and it wasn't long before I was up on the treadmill.

Turns out that I overpronate moderately, which was instantly sorted as soon as I ran in the Nike Lunar Eclipses that the guy bought down for me. I tried on a few pairs (loved the bright pink Asics!) but eventually settled on a pair of Brooks Adrenaline GTS 12s. They aren't as pretty as I'd have liked - but were definitely the most comfortable.

I'm really hopeful that these trainers will sort out my niggles, and I'm stupidly excited about taking them for a test run later tonight (after roast dinner at the in-laws - only time I can get out today. Boo!)

Ps - posting this from my phone, so will add links in later. Have a fab Sunday!



No comments:

Post a Comment