Tuesday 1 January 2013

Welcome to Boo Runs!

Welcome to my hastily setup blog, created at 7pm on 31st Dec 2012 in order for me to sign up to Janathon 2013.

I'd come across both Janathon and Juneathon before in my running-related reading, but I've never been a 'good' enough (or regular enough) runner to sign up. This year, I'm still not good or regular enough, but something's got to push me to push myself.

The truth is, I've been a beginner runner for around 4/5 years now. Something has always come up to throw a spanner in the works - shin splints, pregnancy, new baby, working full time + 1.5hr commute daily + toddler + housework etc etc. But I am done making excuses - I want to get fit and healthy, not just for myself, but for my daughter and my partner too. The Olympics was such a huge inspiration to millions this summer, but I think even more so to girls and women, and I want my daughter to grow up knowing that an active lifestyle is just the norm, and she can achieve whatever it is she puts her mind to.

So although I've only run/walked two Race for Life 5k races in the past 4 years, I have signed up to a 10k in May, and I hope to complete it in around 1hr. This blog, and Janathon, are my starting point.

No comments:

Post a Comment