Monday 14 January 2013

I miss running :-(

I'm really missing running, and exercise in general. Damn these shin splints! I went to Body Combat four days ago, and my shins and lower legs were so painful towards the end from the jumping and running on the spot, and were still hurting when I got home - so had to ice them.

R is away snowboarding this week so I can't go out running or gymming anyway, so I'm using this week as enforced rest. Once my shins are better, I'm planning on starting running again on the treadmill as its so much softer than the pavements. Coupled with my new stability trainers, I'm hopeful I'll be back on track for my 10k training soon!

I'm also trying to lose a few pounds - just by eating a bit more sensibly. The plan is that it'll reduce the strain on my joints, and (positive thinking) make me a lil bit faster...... a girl can hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment